Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Laurent Bernard Chocolatier

After our dinner at Epicurious, we headed here for desserts upon M's recommendation. A flip through the menu revealed that this place serves a pretty large variety of soufflés, comparing to the usual 3 flavors or so that most places carry. And they also serve a large variety of other desserts. This is a must-go place for sweet-tooths.

After much consideration, we agreed on Lemon soufflé, After-eight soufflé (because I like those mints so much), creme brulee and chocolate profiteroles. Turns out after-eight soufflé was out of stock, so we opted for their chocolate soufflé instead. Profiteroles were out too, so we just skipped that. I ordered some citrusy drink of passionfruit, lemon, lime, orange and grapefruit juice. S ordered a shake, but I forgot the flavor. I just remembered it was nice.

The lemon soufflé was oh-so-nice. Light and refreshing, I think it's my most remembered soufflé of all time. The chocolate soufflé was served with a rasberry sorbet that M really enjoyed. The creme brulee was pretty good too, creamy with a good crusty caramel topping. My drink was oh-so-sour but I loved it. Looking at all the ingredients, I think you can have a sense of the level of sourness. But I so enjoy that kick, especially after eating desserts.


Lemon Soufflé

Chocolate Soufflé

Creme Brulee

My citrusy drink

S's milkshake

 I enjoyed the lemon soufflé so much that I'll definitely want to come back for it. Absolutely have to bring Lynn here. Lol...


1 comment: